Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Kidney Day!

Good Morning Nerdwriters!
How are you today?
I'm excited cause almost all of my family is going to be in town on Sunday, and I have a very big family. My mom has 9 brothers and sisters most of whom have kids, who also have kids. There are so many frikin babies I forget who's who sometimes. Only problem is that I work on Sunday when they are all going out to play Demolition ball, wich is this fantabulous game involving bumper cars,wiffle balls,hoops and..that little scoop thingy. Whats that called? I'm trying to get off and this one girl is being really nice and going out of her way to help me. Only if she took my shift she'd be working 9 hours and that's not allowed so instead I need to call this other girl and see if she will stay for that one hour. I hope I get a hold of her. I'm starting to get really nervous cause certain things in my life are going really well for a change. So, yay?( I don't want to get too excited and jinx it)

Wow, I really didn't mean to blather on about my life and stuff,What I meant to talk about to day was the internet and why I love it so much and all my favorite places to hang out.
Hilary and I told you guys last night about FML. It's good for hours of fun although some of the stories aren't exactly...kid safe? Here are a few of my favorites:
Today, my girlfriend dumped me proclaiming she wanted someone more like her "Edward". I asked her who Edward was. She held up a copy her "Twilight" book. She was talking about a fictional vampire.

Today, I went to a movie with my boyfriend. In the lobby, I asked why the glasses were not working. I said, "Do they only work inside the theater?" My boyfriend replied, "3-D glasses just work inside the movie, everything else in the World is pretty much 3-D." FML

Today, I dropped my keys. Not wanting to lean over and pick them up, I pointed at them and said "Accio." Then I realized I had tried to use a Harry Potter spell in real life and in public. FML
Although I honestly don't know why the last person is so embarrassed. I do things like that on a daily biases.

Another thing i spend waaay to much time doing is reading web comics. My favorites are:
XKCD
The Ten Doctors
MNT Gaiden
and Head Trip
XKCD is a "webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math and language." It is like the ultimate nerd comic and if you haven't yet,, I suggest you check it out.
I think I've talked about the Ten Doctors beofre,but I'm just that obsessed with it. It's literally the first thing I check in the morning. The stories so good I just can't give this man enough love. ( ok that sounds funny creepy all typed up and not in my head.)
MNT Gaiden is a TMNT fan comic. It's set in the future and has a much darker tone than any of the toons. It also hasn't been updated in a while. I can''t wait for the 17th chapter.
HEADTRIP! I love this comic. It's about nerd girls being awesome. You should defiantly check this one out.
Hmm I think that's pretty much it,I mean you guys already know bout my addiction to twitter,LJ and youtube.
OH! awesome online series that I love:
The Guild and Unforgotten Realms.
The guild is written,produced and starred in by the wonderful Felecia Day. I do believe there's mention of it Commentary! The Musical.*hums its all about the arrt*
It's about a group of online gamers who meat up IRL and all the hilarity and madness that ensues.
Unforgotten Realms is an animation about table top gaming. The main character's name is Sir Shmoopy of Awesometon. How cool is that? There is much nonsense and epic adventure to be had.
Ok, I should probably stop now cause I could go on for ever.(wow I'm a huge F***ing nerd!)
DFTBA,
Nerdwriters.
QUESTIONS!
1. Like any web comics?
2. How big is your family. Do you guys do a lot together or not?
3. Ever play Demolition ball?
4. What are those scoop thingys called?
5. What were you doing right before you read this?


No comments:

Post a Comment